Thursday, October 2, 2008

Where had she been all my life?

After I put the kids to bed, I watched some tv upstairs. Amelia wanted me to read her a book. I told her it was too dark and we didn't want to wake up Junior. She said "okay, well can you read it to me when its light out". I said of course.
She decided last night that she wanted to lay in my right arm instead of my left one for a change. As I switched her over I kissed her neck really fast and made her laugh. She tells me "mama, lets talk". I asked what she wanted to talk about. She says "I don't know". I asked her if she wanted to talk about her nose. She giggled. Then I asked how about your chin. She giggled again. I kept naming body parts. She thought it was the funniest conversation ever.

She stops and gives me a hug. Then says "mama, I love your hair".
My hair was curly and really bushy. Something I'm never proud of. But she made me feel so special. I just hugged her and asked her "why did it take you so long to come into my life?" "I waited and waited for you and you didn't want to come join me". I just squeezed her even harder. She says "mama, I can't breathe, get off me". I told her that I missed her. She turned around and just went to sleep.

I just watched her and Junior sleep.

1 comment:

Toni C. said...

Ah... I love those mommy moments - I love the comment, "mommy your smooshing me - lol!"