Thursday, October 16, 2008

Teenage years, here they come!!

I've been volunteered to take Deija and her friends bowling on sunday.
How did that happen? Well the lovely girls planned the bowling date and then told their mom's that Deija's mom will be driving them. Ha! Of course, Deija just asked if I could take her and her friends bowling.
I started to think that I could just drop them off and leave since its a few blocks away from our house. But nope, they need an adult present. Now I have to stay there too..?
Why can't another mom go instead of me? I have things to do on sunday.
Deija says that I'm the cool mom. I have no idea how I got that title but I'll take it and run before I start being the mean strict ole mother. :)

In addition to that, yesterday Deija's friend came over right after Deija had went to her dad's house overnight. The friend was carrying all these books and looked so frustrated. She is 9.

I told her Deija had just left and she gave me this sad look. I asked her if she needed anything. She said she wanted Deija to help her with her homework. I told her I could help if she wanted. So she came inside and I helped her. Thank goodness Deija was once in 3rd grade and just 3 years ago. It was still fresh in my mind.

I asked if her mom was still working. She said no, but that her mom was really stressed and she didn't want to bother her.

The little girl is so considerate. I bet Deija isn't like that...lol

No comments: