Monday, October 13, 2008

Albert goes back to daywork, Kids go to babysitters.

Today is Albert's first day at his old job. He hasn't worked the dayshift since I just pregnant with Junior. We had decided then that we couldn't afford childcare for two children so he was a stay at home dad. 3 months ago he started a night job at a furniture warehouse and then just got an offer to come back to work at the Steel Plant where he was a Forman.

I had forgotten what its like to get things ready for the kids and drop them off. Luckily our neighbor is our babysitter. She is great. She is 19 and expecting her first child next month. She lives with her mom and her mom helps with our kids.

She's been our sitter for the past 3 months but only for 2 hours a day.
I had to get her the high chair, extra clothes, diapers for Jr, food, and all that other good stuff.

The kids were happy staying there. I love that their house is so clean and no clutter anywhere. Makes me feel happy.

Deija was off school today for Columbus Day so she went next door too. I thought I'd feel weird leaving the kids but I didn't. I feel they are in great hands.

The good thing is that Albert will be home by 5 just like me. We only saw each other on the weekends and it was really putting a burden on us. I always felt like I was the only one doing anything. Now we'll both be home in the evenings together with the kids. I can't wait to get home already.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Jessica,

I am SO glad to hear that you guys are going to try to make it work. Marriage is HARD. Every day, it has to be a top priority, along with the kid(s). I am glad that you are both in this together.

Send you many hugs,
Debora