Friday, September 19, 2008

The sisterhood of an online community...



I traveled all the way to Wisconsin to meet my sisters for the very first time.

We met at an online community for women experiencing the battle of infertility. At a very desperate time of my life, I needed to talk to someone who could understand and support me rather than just tell me its meant to be or to accept that we'll never have anymore children. These wonderful women listened, cried, and laughed with me just as I did for them. We have shared the joys of motherhood after infertility. Our babies are miracle babies. We've all celebrated together our babies' first tooth, first steps, first chuckles, and first sillys. We've supported each during the troubles of nursing, colic times & sleepless nights.

Who would have thought I'd travel so far to meet the women I share so much with on a daily basis? The best part was how it felt as if we've talked face to face forever. It didn't feel strange at all. They are all amazing women. 5 others couldn't make it but we will do this again in the Spring.

It feel so good to finally meet my sisters and best friends.

1 comment:

Toni C. said...

beautiful blog Jess! I can't wait to follow it!