Monday, September 22, 2008

I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel.


I was just filling out my application for graduation. I am currently taking MGT 404. This one out of three classes left of this long road called "my education". I started this road in 2000. It was a great opportunity to start at the time. Deija was about 3 years old and I was working decent hours. Peirce College was only 5 blocks from work and they were flexible with their schedules. Classes were once a week for 4 hours and I had the option of taking them at night, Saturdays, or online. Most people I knew that went to Peirce had great jobs and the school looks great on a resume.

I've been taking classes ever since. I took a two year break to have Amelia and Junior but went back once I was 27 weeks pregnant with Junior. I had only needed one class to get my Associates degree but had a few classes into my Bachelors. This class ends in about 4 weeks. Then I will begin my last two classes - BUS450, and ACC401. I will finally have my Bachelors of Science in Accounting.

I cannot believe I will officially be the first college graduate in my family and probably Albert's family too. What the heck was I thinking when I decided to get my degree in Accounting?...lol How boring!! I guess its the only thing I'm good at. Next time I go back to school I'd like it to be in something fun like fashion.

Anyway, I think I will be balling when graduation time comes. I'll have my husband and children there cheering for me. This will be my biggest accomplishment next to being a mother.

One day I might be brave enough to get my CPA. But meanwhile I'll be busting my rear to get these last two classes done. I'll have to start shopping for the biggest picture frame ever for my degree...lol Wow, I won't even know what to do with all the spare time.

I will finally get to check off the college graduate box.
This degree will be dedicated to my husband and my kids. My husband for supporting me and helping me study and my children for allowing me to sacrifice alot of our time together so I can set an example for them. This is for them!! This is also for all of those people that turned me down for jobs I knew I could do. And all of those coworker who didn't feel I deserved the opportunity to have this job without a degree.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Wow, Jessica. You are amazing to be able to work full-time, go to school AND be a mommy. Very impressive. And, congratulations for keeping it going.