Friday, December 19, 2008

Today is our 10th year anniversary.

Ten years since we got together.

Albert and I met through a mutual friend. I was in the 7th grade and he was in the 8th. We didn't go to the same school. He came over with his friend Caesar (RIP) to see my friend Diana. Caesar and Diana liked each other and he was going to walk her home. Details are blurry since it's been so long. I saw him on and off thru Diana but it was until my first day at High School that we saw each other and really hit it off. We were boyfriend and girlfriend on and off thru 9th grade. He was in 10th. We didn't see each other again until I was pregnant with Deija.
I went over to my friend Carmen's house. He was best friends with Carmen's brother Georgy. He happened to have called Carmen's house that day and she told him I was there. The funny thing is that he touched my belly and said "I can't believe you're having a baby". "That baby would have been mine". That same day I went into labor...lol Deija was born one month premature.

When Deija was a little over a year, my ex and I broke up. I told Carmen and of course she told Albert right away. He kept calling me and calling me. He took me out for our first official date to the movies. We double dated with Georgy and his girlfriend. We watched "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer." We had our first kiss that night. Well our first kiss since High School. We've been together ever since.

This picture was a few months after we got together. 4/24/99.

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Happy Anniversary. 10 years is a long time, isn't it? Allen and I met TWELVE years ago. Seems like yesterday sometimes.