Monday, January 29, 2007

Bad Ultrasound

Today was my visit with Peri. I am so freaked out, I can't even type.
Let me start out with the positive things. Baby weights 2lbs 15ounces. One hour gloucose came back good.
Last time I went to the Peri they said I had access fluid and it might be diabetes. So they ruled it out because I pass the one hour test.
My fluid is now 29cm. A full term pregnant woman only holds 24cm. So my water can break at any time. Also the reason for so much pelvic pressure.
Okay, so here goes the bad part. The access fluid can mean that there is a blockage somewhere in the throat or esophogus. If thats the case the baby will need surgery.
Amelia had an imperfrate anus. She was born with no anus and a blockage of course. Peri thinks that the same thing might happen with this baby.
My husband asked him if we should be worried. He said worrying is not going to fix anything. So basically yes we should be worried.
I have to read up on this online.

No comments: